IELTS Video Lesson - Speaking Tips & Tutorials
IELTS Exam Speaking Test Tips
by Ian Nock
- Watch the Video above
- Know the structure of the exam
- Answer with grammatically correct sentences
- Elaborate on your answers e.g. Examiner: What type of sports do you like? You: Don’t just say “Football”. Instead say “ I love football because I can interact with the other players competitively
- Don’t use “Yes/No” answers
- Avoid long pauses.
- Listen to the questions carefully. If you can’t understand ask for clarification
- Know the sort of topics : e.g. hobbies, food, travel, environment, where you live
- If you make a mistake then its ok to correct yourself.
- Answer all the points in part 2
- Part 3 is the hardest & you might not be able to understand or answer the last couple of questions. Don’t worry - this is so the examiner can assess your proficiency limit.
- Use formal expressions in part 3 rather than informal.
About The IELTS Test
The IELTS test (International English Language Testing Scheme) is the most used English test in the world. Its used for University & college entrance as well as for professional immigration e,g, for accountants going to Australia.
About the author - Ian Nock is CEO, Director of Studies and Senior Business Coach at HKEnglish.com
Prepare for the IELTS exam
Take an IELTS Preparation Course with one of our experts and learn the IELTS exam quickly fast e.g. Usually the speaking & Writing papers are more difficult for Hong Kong students.
HKEnglish.Com provide high quality private English tuition, business English skills training and editing services as well as company training in Hong Kong, HK,
Get more information on this or other English courses in Hong Kong today.